By Mark Prigg
Nasa has released these stunning images of the Sun which show the biggest solar flare of the year.
The huge eruption on April 11th caused a temporary radio blackout on Earth, officials say.
However, they warn the worst is yet to come – with this year expected to see the sun reach its 11 year solar maximum.
Nasa’s Solar Dynamics Observatory captured this image of an M6.5 class flare at 3:16 EDT on April 11, 2013. The huge eruption on April 11th caused a temporary radio blackout on Earth, and is the biggest of the year so far, officials say
NASA’s Solar Dynamics Observatory captured this image of the flare. This image shows a combination of light in wavelengths of 131 and 171 Angstroms.
WHAT IS A SOLAR FLARE?
Solar flares are powerful bursts of radiation.
Harmful radiation from a flare cannot pass through Earth’s atmosphere to physically affect humans on the ground, however — when intense enough — they can disturb the atmosphere in the layer where GPS and communications signals travel.
This disrupts the radio signals for as long as the flare is ongoing, anywhere from minutes to hours.
The solar flare occurred at 3:16 a.m. EDT (0716 GMT) and registered as a M6.5-class sun storm, a relatively mid-level flare on the scale of solar tempests.
It coincided with an eruption of super-hot solar plasma known as a coronal mass ejection.
‘This is the strongest flare seen so far in 2013,” NASA spokeswoman Karen Fox explained in a statement.
‘Increased numbers of flares are quite common at the moment, since the sun’s normal 11-year cycle is ramping up toward solar maximum, which is expected in late 2013.’
Humans have tracked this solar cycle continuously since it was discovered, and it is normal for there to be many flares a day during the sun’s peak activity, Nasa said.
Officials dubbed today’s solar flare as a ‘spring fling’ for the sun, which has been relatively calm as it heads into its peak activity period.
The M6.5 flare on the morning of April 11, 2013, was also associated with an Earth-directed coronal mass ejection (CME), another solar phenomenon that can send billions of tons of solar particles into space and can reach Earth one to three days later.
The joint ESA/NASA Solar Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) captured this series of images of the coronal mass ejection (CME) on the morning of April 11, 2013 over the course of 3:48 EDT to 4:36 EDT. Mars can be seen on the left.
CMEs can affect electronic systems in satellites and on the ground. Experimental NASA research models show that the CME began at 3:36 a.m. EDT on April 11, leaving the sun at over 600 miles per second.
The M-class solar flare was about 10 times weaker than X-class flares, which are the strongest flares the sun can unleash.
M-class solar flares are the weakest solar events that can still trigger space weather effects near Earth, such as communications interruptions or spectacular northern lights displays.
The solar flare triggered a short-lived radio communications blackout on Earth that registered as an R2 event (on a scale of R1 to R5), according to space weather scales.
When aimed directly at Earth, major solar flares and coronal mass ejections can pose a threat to astronauts and satellites in orbit.
They can interfere with GPS navigation and communications satellite signals in space, as well as impair power systems infrastructure on Earth.
SOHO also captured this coronagraphic (a telescopic attachment designed to block out the direct light from a star so that nearby objects can be seen) image of the CME as it moves
- Sun Slings Largest Solar Flare Yet: Coronal Mass Ejection Hurtles to Earth (scienceworldreport.com)
- Biggest Solar Flare Of 2013 Just Released, Bigger Solar Flares Likely Coming Soon (planetsave.com)
In last 2 days exploding fireballs were reported on all sides of the world – Russia, Kazakhstan, Japan, Australia, Cuba, South Africa, Morocco, Germany, Switzerland, northern Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, UK…
- An enormous fireball was reported by numerous witnesses over Belgium, Netherlands and Germany on February 13, 2013. The sight lasted from 10 – 20 seconds. There were two separate fragmentations that shone brightly, one witness reported. Apparently it was part of Soyuz rocked but it still remains unclear what it was exactly. The 1800th flight of a Soyuz launch vehicle was performed on Monday, 11 February 2013 from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan at 18:41 Moscow time (15:41 Paris time). Arianespace and its Russian partners report that the Progress cargo spacecraft was accurately placed on the target orbit for another mission to the International Space Station. This was the second Soyuz family mission in 2013. Detailed reports on witness reports here.
Go here for full story—>>>
- Are We About to Experience a Shift in Collective Consciousness? / 3 min video (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Insomnia Series: David Attenborough – Spiders Web – 3 min video (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- 3MIN News, January 17, 2013 (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
World’s most dangerous religion: Atheists face worldwide persecution – report — RT.
10 December, 2012
Image from livejournal.com user tema
From the Christian West to the Islamic Middle East, atheists face discrimination and persecution including execution, life in prison, the revocation of citizenship and the denial of education and medical services, a new report has revealed.
A 69-page study titled ‘Freedom of Thought 2012: A Global Report on Discrimination Against Humanists, Atheists and the Nonreligious’ has been released by the International Humanist and Ethical Union (IHEU).
The report covers laws affecting freedom of conscience in 60 countries, and lists numerous individual cases where atheists were persecuted for their beliefs.
The report cited discriminatory laws that deny atheists the “right to exist, curtail their freedom of belief and expression, revoke their right to citizenship [and] restrict their right to marry.”
Other laws include “obstructing access to public education, prohibiting them from holding public office, preventing them from working for the state, criminalizing their criticism of religion, and executing them for leaving the religion of their parents.”
The report argues that atheists in Islamic countries – such as Afghanistan, Iran and Pakistan – face some of the worst discrimination, including capital punishment. The study did not list specific recent executions, but claimed that capital punishment was often shifted into life imprisonment sentences, as in Afghanistan.
The publication of atheist or humanist views is strictly prohibited under blasphemy laws in countries like Bangladesh, Egypt and Indonesia, the report said.
In most of these countries citizens are required to register as participants of an officially recognized religion – usually Christianity, Judaism and Islam. Without this registration, citizens are not allowed to receive medical services, drive, attend university or travel aboard, forcing non-believers to lie.
Anti-atheist discrimination in North America and Europe
The report emphasizes that non-believers are discriminated against even in North American and European nations. In the US, “atheists and the non-religious are made to feel like lesser Americans, or non-Americans.”
And in at least seven US states, “constitutional provisions are in place that bar atheists from public office and one state, Arkansas, has a law that bars an atheist from testifying as a witness at a trial.”
Other discriminatory incidents included instances were soldiers in the US Military were forced to attend evangelical Christian events, and when a detention center in South Carolina denied prisoners any reading material except for the Christian Bible.
In the Canadian province of Ontario, the state funds Catholic religious education but does not providing funding for any other religious schools. “One-third of Ontario’s public schools are Catholic schools,” and those institutions can exclude non-Catholic children and staff, the report said.
In Switzerland, a teacher was fired from his job in 2010 after raising concerns over the state’s promotion of Catholicism in public schools. “[The teacher] was told he was fired for removing the crucifix from the classrooms in the public school at which he taught,” the report said.
Every year, British children are turned away from local state-funded schools because of their parents’ religious beliefs.
Polish musician Dorota Rabczewska was fined $1,450 for ‘offending religious feelings’ when she said in a 2012 interview that the Bible is full of “unbelievable tales.”
Italian Minister for Foreign Affairs Franco Frattini called in 2010 for “Muslims, Jews and Christians to unite to fight the ‘threat’ that he claims atheism poses to society.”
Heiner Bielefedt, the UN Special Rapporteur for Freedom of Religion or Belief, welcomed the report’s publication and expressed concern over the lack of awareness that international human rights protections apply as much to atheists and religious skeptics as to other groups.
Friday, September 21, 2012
Few can argue that severe weather is currently impacting the globe. Certainly the record droughts in America have become a huge concern for food prices, which has subsequently sparked an uptick in alarming climate change rhetoric.
As the Northern Hemisphere has experienced one of the warmest summers on record, Arctic ice has receded considerably, prompting the typical global warming “collapse” discussion. While northern ice has indeed reached new modern lows, ice in the southern hemisphere continent of Antarctica has reached record highs. Charts for both hemispheres can be seen here.
So, clearly some kind of shift is happening, but perhaps the answer is not as simple as CO2 concentrations like the establishment would like us to believe. There seem to be much larger galactic-scale forces at play that are affecting not just Earth but all planets in the solar system. One of those forces appears to be Earth’s rapidly migrating magnetic North Pole, as can be seen in the video below.
With the Earth’s magnetic North Pole shifting by 40 miles per year, this event is already causing airports to adjust their runways. It is bound to change prevailing winds, ocean currents and many other factors involved in maintaining a stable and predictable climate.
- General Conspiracies – Re: Alert magnetic north pole on the move. (disclose.tv)
- Arctic Ice “Rotten” to the North Pole, scientist says (vancouversun.com)
- Climate change causing rapid reduction in sea ice: An ice free Arctic summer by 2016? (indybay.org)
- Is The North Pole Going To Melt Entirely? (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Iran: We’re Going to North, South Poles (israelnationalnews.com)
- Full Keshe Foundation Document – The World Peace Invitation and Release of Technology (Revolutionary!!) (aquariuschannelings.com)
- Keshe Foundation – The world peace invitation and release of technology | News (investigatorsillinoismissouri.com)
- Keshe Foundation – The World Peace Invitation And Release Of Technology – 12 July 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Keshe Space Qualifies Status of U.S. Space Technology Holdback (2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com)
- Keshe Foundation – The world peace invitation and release of technology | News (2012indyinfo.com)
- The World Peace Invitation and Release of Technology (americankabuki.blogspot.com)
- Keshe Foundation Muzzled By Obama Decree Made Into Law – 5 May 2012 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)