The Phoenix Lights (sometimes called the “Lights over Phoenix”) were a series of widely sighted unidentified flying objects observed in the skies over the U.S. states of Arizona, Nevada and the Mexican state of Sonora on March 13, 1997.
There were two distinct events involved in the incident: a triangular formation of lights seen to pass over the state, and a series of stationary lights seen in the Phoenix area. The United States Air Force identified the second group of lights as flares dropped by A-10 Warthog aircraft that were on training exercises at the Barry Goldwater Range in southwest Arizona.
Witnesses claim to have observed a huge carpenter’s square-shaped UFO, containing five spherical lights or possibly light-emitting engines. Fife Symington, the governor at the time, was one witness to this incident; he later called the object “otherworldly.”
The lights were reported to have reappeared in 2007 and 2008, but these events were quickly attributed to (respectively) military flares dropped by fighter aircraft at Luke Air Force Base and flares attached to helium balloons released by a civilian.
- FEMA Makes Preparation For UFO Attack / 3 min video (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- UFOs sweep the skies: Orbs spotted worldwide (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- Reported to be UFO Crash / 17 seconds video (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)
- STUDY: 3 UFO Sightings Reported In Canada Per Day, Nearing Record… (seattle.cbslocal.com)
- UFO Files: Deep Sea UFOs (Full Version: Playlist) (undergrounddocumentaries.com)
- Not One but TWO UFOs at the Olympic Opening Ceremonies (2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com)
- 9 Biggest Unsolved Mysteries in Physics (neatorama.com)
- June 27 2012 – UFOs/ ET Contact (panoffolin.wordpress.com)
- Calgary a popular destination for UFOs, according to reported sightings (calgaryherald.com)
- The Phoenix Lights Mystery (mysteryworlds.wordpress.com)
- Ancient Aliens And Other Strange Unsolved Mysteries Comes To iPhone (themactrack.com)