One out ten Americans are taking antidepressants.
Most lose their sex drives.
255 million antidepressants prescriptions were given in 2011 in the US.
Doubles the risk of suicide.
Big pharma marketing created the situation. They create the problem and have a “cure” for it.
Not getting through the root of the problem.
Physicians have become the stenographers of big pharma.
There is no relationship between serotonin levels and depression; but there is a relationship between high unemployment and general life satisfaction and depression.
Antidepressants are no better than placebos.
Marijuana is far safer than antidepressants.
Meditation, activism, physical exercise, nutrition are all better than antidepressants.
- America’s Zoloft Problem (thedailybeast.com)
- Impotence instead of cure? Antidepressants accused of killing sex drive (bgtvmediaonline.wordpress.com)
- Following the evidence (addictionandrecoverynews.wordpress.com)
- New Zealand Asks: “How is Your Antidepressant Working For You?” (madinamerica.com)
- Antidepressants: Identity Killers for Teens? (newser.com)